Find yourself walking into the kitchen every once in awhile and forgetting why you came in there? You’re not alone. We’ve got 7 tips that can help improve your memory and keep your mind sharp and focused.
1. Eat More Fat – No, really. Research has shown that those who consume more fat in their diets run a lower risk of developing mild cognitive impairment or dementia. (Does this mean I can count potato chips as health food?)
2. Eat More Berries – This is a good tip if you’re one of those who don’t like potato chips.
3. Limit Sugar & White Flour – These two are perennial villains in any diet plan. Turns out high carbs lead to wacky insulin levels that can mess with your memory.
4. Challenge Your Brain – Do a crossword or a Sudoku, even reading a book qualifies here. Just like your muscles, the brain stays fit when it’s exercised.
5. Hang with Your Friends – Studies show the more socially active you are, the less likely you will suffer memory loss. (If you can’t remember where you put that invitation to Saturday’s cookout, it may already be too late.)
6. Follow a Regular Sleep Schedule – For most of us, encouraging us to hit the hay should not be a problem.
7. Cook Food at Lower Temperatures – Studies have shown that toxic chemicals linked to mental decline and or even Alzheimer's are released in greater amounts when food is cooked at higher temperatures. Who knew?
One final tip is to make sure you’re visiting us here at Boomtown America every day. We’ll provide you with your minimum daily requirement of Rock, Roll & Remember!