Mentioning that we should eat healthier is something we all know. But what other things can you do to help stay you stay “in the pink?”
- Regular Doctor Visits – Don’t wait until something’s wrong. See your doctor regularly. They may detect something that’s easy to deal with – provide it’s caught early.
- Manage Your Meds – As we get older, there are often more medicines we find our selves taking. On those regularly scheduled tips to your doctor, make sure you review your medications with him or her.
- Sleep – Getting a complete night’s rest make be more challenging as we age. Experts say dimming the lights in the hours before bed time as well as a cool , quiet bedroom can help you get the sleep you need.
- Socialize – Visiting friends or relatives (or having them visit you) helps you stay connected to the world and is shown to improve your attitude, which is related to your health.
- Don’t Neglect Your Eyes or Teeth – In addition to visits to your primary care physician, make sure you visit the optometrist and dentist regularly as well.