Hopefully, you’re really satisfied with your general care provider. But the experts say, if you’re starting to think he or she isn’t treating you the right way, you are probably correct and it may be time to find a new doctor.
Here are some warning signs:
- Dismisses your concerns, saying they’re all caused by age
- Says, “There’s nothing that can be done.” There’s always something that can be done.
- Doesn’t let you talk, interrupts or cuts your visits short.
- Keeps recommending treatments or specialists, but nothing’s getting better.
- Write prescriptions with a minimum discussion with you.