Every get those call s from groups that claim to help your local police or fire fighters? Beware!
Many times, these are groups that have incorprate with names like "Police Benevolent Organization," but they have no connection to your local first responders. Even if they are legit, they may also be professional fund raisers that can take as much as 90% of your money, leaving only 10% to help your local firefighters and police.
If you want to help, experts suggest you call your local police, fire or EMT departments and ask te best way for you to donate..